Re: Problems with multiple forms ??????

From: Miodrag Stojanovic <miodrag_stojanovic_at_oma.org>
Date: 1997/10/10

Hi,

There are two ways:

The first and the better one is to have two blocks in the same form. Create master block and then create detail block (you can place it on other canvas/window if you want). After that create relationship in the master block. Or if you had defined all constraints, yuo can create relationship during the creation of the detail block.

The second way is with two forms. You can pass parameters between two forms usin either globals or parameter list. I prefer parameter list. In both cases you have to have defined parameters in you retal block or you can have non base table control block. I prefer parameters.

My sugestion is to do it with two blocks in one form. Reason: less coding and better control of the situation. Make sure that your data model is well designed.

Regards
Joja