Help on TRIGGER!!!!

From: Paulo Pires <cofarbel_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: 1997/10/10

Hi,

[Quoted] I need help to solve the following problem:

I have 2 tables (A and B), and the table B has a FOREIGN KEY to Table A (Master/Detail).
I want a record to be inserted (automatically) in table B every time I insert a record in table A.
I Thought to use a trigger AFTER INSERT on table A, to insert the value on table B.
The problem is that because of the FOREIGN KEY oracle gives me the:

                   ORA-04091: table A is mutating trigger/function may
not see it.
I don't want to remove the FOREIGN KEY.

What should I do to solve this problem ?

Regards. Received on Fri Oct 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message