Re: Custom logon screen?

From: Stepanoff Dmitry <moprok_at_ropnet.ru>
Date: 1997/10/10

Donald Raymond Lloyd II <don_at_copland.udel.edu> ÚÁÐÉÓÁÎÏ × ÓÔÁÔØÀ <61k2go$f8$1_at_copland.udel.edu>...

> I want to bypass the built-in login dialog in forms 4.5 and use a custom
 form
> to log into an Oracle 7.x.y.z.a.b.c.d.whatever instance. I know I can
 bypass
> the login by simply putting 'null;' in the ON-LOGON trigger of the form
> that's opened initially.
>
> Here's the way I was trying to do this:
>
> My custom logon form is run initially, with logon disabled as mentioned
> above. The user enters the appropriate info and clicks OK. NEW_FORM is
> called to replace the login form with the main form, with the login
> info being passed as paramters. The first thing that happens in the
> WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger of the main form is a call to LOGON.

I've done the same thing by myself and came across the following problem : If you just write NULL in ON-LOGON trigger, it will not work, because LOGON built-in
calls ON-LOGON if it exists. So you sould write something of

If :LOGON.USERNAME is NULL then

        RETURN;
End if;

LOGON(:LOGON.USERNAME,:LOGON.PASSWORD,FALSE); If FORM_FAILURE THEN

End if;

One additional comment - In When-Button-Pressed trigger you may call LOGIN with
NULL parameters. It is not required, but i think it would be faster to execute.

Hope this helps.

Dmitry, moprok_at_ropnet.ru Received on Fri Oct 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message