Re: Custom logon screen?

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/10

Don wrote:

>I want to bypass the built-in login dialog in forms 4.5 and use a custom form
>to log into an Oracle 7.x.y.z.a.b.c.d.whatever instance. I know I can bypass
>the login by simply putting 'null;' in the ON-LOGON trigger of the form
>that's opened initially.

We do that - replace the standard login with a custom one. The process is as  follows...

custom form...

    get username,password,connection info.     on when-button-pressed trigger on 'Connect' button,     LOGON(username,pw,connection)
    call_form (new form) [maybe NEW_FORM - use the one that replaces the  current form]

 Your new form will be started, and you will be connected; the called form does  not have to do anything - the session is already connected.

Dan HW Received on Fri Oct 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message