Re: Forms 4.5 Color Palettes

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/10/10

In article <343A784D.7D2A_at_boco.co.gov>,   tlberukoff_at_boco.co.gov wrote:

> I am trying to make the background color of some text items match the
> canvas color (so they look like boilerplate). When I change the fill
> color thru the properties sheet or layout editor, the new colors appear
> in the layout editor. But, when I run the form, the item's background
> always appears as white. I am running on Windows 3.x. Can anyone offer
> any suggestions?

I fought with that problem some months back, and I have given up trying to find a solution. Your pc monitor is set to run at 256 colors. If you are able, set the monitor to run at 64k colors, and the problem will go away. When you run your form using 256 colors, the text items' background colors all revert back to the 16 base colors at the left end of the color pallette.

I am sure this is a runtime bug, but I don't know if Oracle knows or even cares about it.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Download QA, a dynamic data utility form-- Quick display and update access to any table

(QA also has this "feature")