Status of drop column package

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/10/09

[Quoted] [Quoted] well it is going well, it does the following:

  1. rename table
  2. create new table minus the column you want to drop.
  3. build the PK on new table.
  4. build all FK that pointed to the old table FK and now point them to the new table.
  5. build all FK from old table that pointed to other PK and put them on new table.
  6. build all extra indexes that were on old table.
  7. save all above in a table, for complete undo back to step one.

[Quoted] [Quoted] That is the general concept of what works today, I'll be testing rest of this week and all next week, by next weekend(oct 18th or so), should be ready for some volunteers to beat up on it some. any volunteers?, sorry source code wont be available right away.

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator
Are you looking for Oracle DBA in Central Ohio, but only want one for