Custom logon screen?

From: Donald Raymond Lloyd II <don_at_copland.udel.edu>
Date: 1997/10/09

[Quoted] [Quoted] I want to bypass the built-in login dialog in forms 4.5 and use a custom form [Quoted] [Quoted] to log into an Oracle 7.x.y.z.a.b.c.d.whatever instance. I know I can bypass [Quoted] the login by simply putting 'null;' in the ON-LOGON trigger of the form [Quoted] that's opened initially.

Here's the way I was trying to do this:

My custom logon form is run initially, with logon disabled as mentioned above. The user enters the appropriate info and clicks OK. NEW_FORM is called to replace the login form with the main form, with the login info being passed as paramters. The first thing that happens in the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger of the main form is a call to LOGON.

As soon as LOGON is called, the Forms runtime crashes.

Is there any way to get a custom login form working somehow? Is there a way to call external programs from Forms? (I figure if I get really desperate, I can build a command line including the connect info from the logon screen, then run a new instance of the runtime from there...)

--
Don Lloyd    don_at_udel.edu
Visit Six In A Mustang  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8895