Forms 4.5 for VT100 Terminals.

From: Sunder Rajan <purohit_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/10/09

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------60742BDD806CF087DFED7E25

--------------A75536987ACA0B1259FB769D

Hi,

We are Creating Screens for VT100 terminals using Forms 4.5 as development tool. there are some
problems with key trapping.

In spite of using ORACLE Terminal 2.3, I am unable to trap the Back Tab key to Shift+Tab. Is
there any way Shift+Tab could be trapped on VT100 ?

Secondly, The KEY-MENU trigger fires the 'second' time the actual Key for Menu is pressed. e.g.
I am trapping Ctrl+B for Menu. the First time I press Ctrl+B the Menu Shows up. the second time
however, the Code in KEY-MENU trigger fires.

Can we override this behavior ?

thanks in advance.
Sunder Rajan.

--------------A75536987ACA0B1259FB769D

<HTML>
<TT>Hi,</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>We are Creating Screens for VT100 terminals using Forms 4.5 as development
tool. there are some</TT>
<BR><TT>problems with key trapping.</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>In spite of using ORACLE Terminal 2.3, I am unable to trap the Back
Tab key to Shift+Tab. Is</TT>
<BR><TT>there any way Shift+Tab could be trapped on VT100 ?</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>Secondly, The KEY-MENU trigger fires the 'second' time the actual
Key for Menu is pressed. e.g.</TT>
<BR><TT>I am trapping Ctrl+B for Menu. the First time I press Ctrl+B the
Menu Shows up. the second time</TT>
<BR><TT>however, the Code in KEY-MENU trigger fires.</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>Can we override this behavior ?</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>thanks in advance.</TT>
<BR><TT>Sunder Rajan.</TT></HTML>

From: Sunder Rajan <purohit_at_hotmail.com> X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0 [en] (Win95; I)
Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.misc,coma.databases.oracle.tools Subject: Forms 4.5 for VT100 Terminals.

--------------8B02CC58F6338D1B549D758D

Hi,

We are Creating Screens for VT100 terminals using Forms 4.5 as development tool. there are some problems with key trapping.

In spite of using ORACLE Terminal 2.3, I am unable to trap the Back Tab key to Shift+Tab. Is there any way Shift+Tab could be trapped on VT100 ?

Secondly, The KEY-MENU trigger fires the 'second' time the actual Key for Menu is pressed. e.g. I am trapping Ctrl+B for Menu. the First time I press Ctrl+B the Menu Shows up. the second time however, the Code in KEY-MENU trigger fires.

Can we override this behavior ?

thanks in advance.
Sunder Rajan.

--------------8B02CC58F6338D1B549D758D

<HTML>
<TT>Hi,</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>We are Creating Screens for VT100 terminals using Forms 4.5 as development
tool. there are some problems with key trapping.</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>In spite of using ORACLE Terminal 2.3, I am unable to trap the Back
Tab key to Shift+Tab. Is there any way Shift+Tab could be trapped on VT100 ?</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>Secondly, The KEY-MENU trigger fires the 'second' time the actual
Key for Menu is pressed. e.g. I am trapping Ctrl+B for Menu. the First time I press Ctrl+B the Menu Shows up. the <U>second</U> time however, the Code in KEY-MENU trigger fires.</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>Can we override this behavior ?</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>thanks in advance.</TT>
<BR><TT>Sunder Rajan.</TT></HTML>

--------------8B02CC58F6338D1B549D758D--

--------------60742BDD806CF087DFED7E25-- Received on Thu Oct 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST