SNMP and Oracle 7.2

From: Vikas Chawla <vikas_at_home.com>
Date: 1997/10/09

Hi,

We are trying to use the dbsnmp agent provided by Oracle. The version of Oracle is 7.2 and the version of OS is AIX 4.1.5 running on a RS 6000 Model 980 B.

The snmp agent is the one which is provided by AIX itself. The utilities we are using to do the snmpwalk is by UCD.

When we do an snmpwalk it queries the standard MIB's properly but when it starts querying the RDBMS MIB then it gives an error message "Server not open" and since it cannot log into the server it does not query the other Oracle specific MIB's.

Wanted to find out if anyone else had run into a similar issue

Please reply to vikas_at_home.com. Your help will be really appreciated

Thanxs

Vikas Received on Thu Oct 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message