OLE connection to Word 97

From: Tony Brown <tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/08

Hi,

[Quoted] We are using Reports 2.5 to generate files which we want to incorporate into word 97. The reports are either portrait or landscape and we therefor have a requirement to do one of the following using OLE2 :-

  1. Open a word 97 document with a particular template (with landscape settings and margins set) and insert an ascii file or
  2. Open a word 97 document with the file name and invoke a series of instructions to change the format and layout or
  3. Open a word 97 document with a file name and invoke a macro (to set up layout)

 We can start up the OLE link and invoke Word OK. We can also start word with the proper file name. However we cannot find the instructions (which will be invoke or set_property presumably) to communicate further with Word. We opened the OLE with Word.basic as the object.

Can anyone help with some sample code or can someone point us to where the list of Word97 OLE properties is documented.

Many thanks in advance

Tony Brown

Tony Brown
Arete Software Limited
Tel : +44 (0) 1344 867706
Fax : +44 (0) 1344 867714
Email : tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk Received on Wed Oct 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message