Develpr 2000 Forms Problems

From: JJames <jjames_at_crystalconsulting.com>
Date: 1997/10/08

I am experiencing two problems:
1. I'm trying to send two item values from a first form to a second form via parameters. I have set up everything according to what I have read from Oracle Help, i.e.,

  1. I set up the parameter objects in the calling and called form with the same name and data type. Both are char.
  2. I initialize the parameters in the calling form using the 'copy' command, under the block's 'when-mouse-click' trigger
  3. I pass the parameters to the called form using 'default' with
    'call_form'.
  4. In the called form, under the form's 'when-new-block-instance', I use
    'copy' again to copy the parameter values into the two items I have in a
    block that is not associated with a table.

The result? The items in the called form are not being filled in with the parameter values. I also have two other blocks on the form that are associated with tables, which aren't getting populated either. The master block needs the parameter values for its query. So none of the items are getting filled in. I don't want to use global variables. I want to learn how to use parameters! Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. Almost forgot! Second problem involves doing a QBF (Query-by-Form). I have 6 items on the form. It appears that only two of them are
'recognizing' values entered for the query. For example, if I enter a
value in either of those two colums (or both of them), and press F8, then I get my records. If I enter a value in any of the other columns and press F8, no records are returned, although I know there should be according to what I've seen from the queries that DO work. Any ideas as to what is going on here? The columns I'm having problems with are CHAR(5) and the other two that work are NUMBER and VARCHAR2. I have some other forms where I'm not having this problem. Why here??? Received on Wed Oct 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message