Re: Designer/2000 : Column Default USER is interpreted as 'USER'

From: YyWong <yywong_at_math.hkbu.edu.hk>
Date: 1997/10/08

If you want the default value to be the "USER" when he/she insert a new record into the table, I think it should be done in Client (Form) instead of Server Side. In my previous experience, I have set the "USER" into the "default value" field in Module Data Diagrammer instead. The generated form will generate code that assigns the USER into a new record in Form 4.5.

Hope this can help you!

Manish Shah (manish.shah_at_worldnet.att.net) wrote:
: Hi,

: I am using Designer/200 Rel 1.3.2 for Win NT 4.0.
: I am facing following problem
: 1) Table Definition Related :
: Creating a table A in designer/2000 RON. Table A contains a column C with
: default value USER. Generate script shows,
: CREATE TABLE A
: ( .............
: ..............
: C VARCHAR2(30) 'USER'
: ...................
: ) ;
: This means every time I ommit the value of column C, it inserts string
: 'USER' in it. My requirement that it should generate the script like,
: CREATE TABLE A
: C VARCHAR2(30) USER
: ) ;
: (No quotes for string USER )