Re: Forms 45 characterbased problem

From: Robert Fernandes <rfernand_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1997/10/07

sankara.subram_at_coats.com wrote:

> Hi gurus,
> I am running oracle forms 45 application in the character mode, and I have
> this problem. By default all the enterable fields in the runform are
> comming as highlighted. Unfortunately users don't like this (damn users)
> so I am trying to turn the hightlight off!!! is there a way to do it?

Greetings...

The solution to this problem lies in the Terminal Resource file used when running the form. There are many environment variables used to control the location and name of the required file. These may include ORACLE_TERM, FORMS45_TERMINAL, and TK23_TERMINAL, depending on which version of the tools you are using. Regardless though, the first step is to create a custom Terminal Resource file within Oracle Terminal. It is most beneficial to find the default Terminal Resource file that most closely matches your own needs and then customize it. Of the many things you can edit in the Resource file are keymaps, display attributes (which you are looking for), etc. Specifically, attributes such as Field-Current and Field-Non-Current can be set to underline (as in Forms 3 if that's what you're looking for) instead of inverse - the options are endless. The details on this are very cumbersome and this response just touches the surface of the solution, but hopefully it can get you started on the right track.

We have been researching these types of issues (character mode conversions and customizations) for quite some time and it is getting more and more difficult to find the answers. Hope this helps.

-Robert

   Robert Fernandes - LLNL AIS Dept

   Phone: (510) 423-1397 Fax: (510) 423-5882    Email: rfernand_at_llnl.gov - or - fernandes6_at_llnl.gov