Designer/2000 : Column Default USER is interpreted as 'USER'

From: Manish Shah <manish.shah_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/10/07

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am using Designer/200 Rel 1.3.2 for Win NT 4.0. I am facing following problem
1) Table Definition Related :
[Quoted] Creating a table A in designer/2000 RON. Table A contains a column C with default value USER. Generate script shows, CREATE TABLE A
[Quoted] ( .............
 C VARCHAR2(30) 'USER'

) ;

This means every time I ommit the value of column C, it inserts string 'USER' in it. My requirement that it should generate the script like, CREATE TABLE A
 C VARCHAR2(30) USER

) ;

(No quotes for string USER )

[Quoted] Does anyone know ????????

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,

Manish Shah Received on Tue Oct 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message