Re: Problems

From: Richard Mendoza <rmendoza_at_titan.com>
Date: 1997/10/07

> Benjamin H. Tay wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am a new Oracle learner.....I have something would like to share with
> > someone....
> >
> > I was trying to build a form application with several text boxes, and
> > navigation buttons. However, I would like to enhance some security
> > integration as follows:
> >
> > *When I willingly or unwillingly change a data (when I hit the keyboard,
> > exclude mouse click to the text box), I would like to disable all the
> > navigation buttons (next, previous, first, and last), then CANCEL and SAVE
> > buttons will be active that can force users click one of them...So when I
> > click CANCEL will "clear_record" and SAVE will "commit_record".
> >
> > Can anyone help? In what trigger so I enforce? Any codes provided will be
> > greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Sincerely,

[Quoted] As I understand it, You want to disable buttons when data fields are changed.

At the block level put a when_validate_item trigger.  inside that trigger place a set_item_property function as follows:

set_item_property('next', enabled, property_false); set_item_property('up', enabled, property_false);

Where next and/or up is the name of the button that you want to disable. This will 'grey' out the button and it will not be accessible by the user. However, the user may still use the menu, so to effectively block them you must also redefine your menu.

Richard Mendoza, DBA
Titan Corp.

My Opinions do not reflect the opinions of Titan Corp. Received on Tue Oct 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message