Import webform data into any ODBC database, Easy

From: JIm Healy <jimhealy_at_albany.net>
Date: 1997/10/03

*For Web Developers & Database Managers*

Introducing A New HTML Form Data Retrieval Program
         Database E-Mailer Suite (for Win’95)
                 from Data Demand (TM)

"The easy way to get Internet form data into your database!"

Come to our website and see why you can’t live without this product for another day!

            http://www.datademand.com

Database E-Mailer Suite (for Windows '95(TM)) retrieves information submitted by forms over the Internet and directs that information to tables in popular ODBC database programs like Access(TM). It will even write to Excel(TM) spreadsheets!

Because Database E-Mailer Suite uses industry standard ODBC drivers, it will work with any database that provides ODBC compliant drivers. Others we've tested include Paradox(TM), InterBase(TM), and dBase(TM) (the names of the products listed are trademarks of their respective corporations).

If you are looking to easily populate your database(s) with information submitted over the Internet without CGI programming or hassle, then Database E-Mailer Suite is the solution for you. Website developers will LOVE this product.

As a bonus, we have included a bulk e-mail program that makes it easy to send mass e-mail messages directly from your database tables & queries (views).

Database E-Mailer is a powerful tool that will allow you to rapidly develop retrieval and response systems using Web pages and your favorite database programs. This program is extremely flexible, and will give you the ability to create a wide range of Internet & intranet solutions.

If you have a website, you owe it to yourself to check out this product. Take 5 minutes to review it now!

               http://www.datademand.com

Database E-Mailer dramatically simplifies the process of getting form-submitted data into a database on your desktop. The application is easy enough for non-programmers to use, and still a powerful tool for experienced programmers to have in their arsenal.

Key Benefits

-Very easy to use; no programming required
-Works with ODBC databases (like Access)
-One-step process to retrieve data from the Net
-Automatically creates tables from your forms
-Supports multiple forms
-Speeds development of forms-response systems
-Allows Website managers to add tables remotely
-Can be set to retrieve information at regular

        time intervals (great for intranets)

-Can be set to delete non-forms responses in E-mail
accounts (this purges junk e-mail)
-Can be set to leave form responses on server
-Makes it easy to move your data retrieval system
to and from different computers, or even have it on a laptop for those that are mobile. Get your sales leads on the road! See It now! http://www.datademand.com

MORE Q&A

Q: How does Database E-Mailer utilize ODBC drivers internally

   when communicating with my database?

  1. At the ODBC driver level, by generating and executing Standard SQL statements. Database E-Mailer does, though, accommodate some common non-standard features (for example, Access tables created within Access are allowed to contain spaces; i.e., "Table One") so long as these features can be accommodated without compromising on standardization, or forcing the program to try and determine what database program "owns" a particular database or database table.
  2. I'm using a database package that the vendor says supplies an ODBC compliant driver. Should my package work with Database E-Mailer Suite?
  3. Yes! Without a hitch. As long as the driver is truly ODBC compliant. We have taken great care not to rely on any but the most commonly provided subset of ODBC functions, so as long as the driver is what your vendor claims it to be, you should have no problem.
  4. That's great, but I tried your program with my package and they didn't work together. Now what? Will you support me?
  5. YES. We will work with both you and your vendor to try and iron out whatever problems you're experiencing. Our goal is to have you 100% satisfied with our products, and to be compatible with every database program that supports ODBC.
  6. Will Database E-Mailer Suite run under Windows NT (TM)?
  7. The product *should* run correctly under Windows NT 4.0 on Intel (TM) hardware platforms, though it has not yet been extensively tested, and we can't guarantee that it will work correctly. If you have an interest in a version of our product specific to Windows NT for Intel or other platforms, please let us know (e-mail to platforms_at_datademand.com).
  8. Are versions of Database E-Mailer for other platforms in the works?
  9. Yes. If you let us know (e-mail to platforms_at_datademand.com) what your needs are - specifically, what hardware / software platform(s) you're using, what database packages, the availability of ODBC drivers, etc.) we can provide you with more detailed information.

See It now! http://www.datademand.com Received on Fri Oct 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message