Re: How can I install my application in multiple computers

From: Rafa Flores Yoldi <cesinsl_at_redestb.es>
Date: 1997/10/02

Francisco Jesús Gómez Mesa wrote:

> On 25 Sep 1997 20:23:05 GMT, jomarlen_at_aol.com (Jomarlen) wrote:
>
> >You only need to install the runtime
> >software.
> >
> > - Forms Runtime 4.5.x.x.x
> >
> >Now just highlight Forms Runtime 4.5.x.x.x
> >and click on the install button.
> >
> >You'll also have to install SQL*Net etc. of course.
> >

> I ONLY need to install in all computers the fmx generated, the
>
> SQL*NET and Forms Runtime 4.5.x.x.x?

  Hi,

  You only need to install the Forms Runtime and SQL*Net (I suggest you first install the F45 Runtimes and after they are installed then install the SQL*Net components; this way I haven't had any problems till now! :) on your client PC's and you can leave your .fmx, .rep,.pll, etc. on your server. Then for each client PC, tell Oracle Forms Runtime to look for your files in the appropiate path, connecting them to the shared directory where you stored your application's files.

   In Win95 it's easy, right click on your application's icon, select properties, set the command line to, for example "C:\ORAWIN\BIN\F45RUN.EXE main.fmx" and set the working directory to the linked unit where you have your files.

  Hope this helps,

  Rafa Flores Yoldi
  cesinsl_at_redestb.es
  Cesin, S.L. Received on Thu Oct 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message