Re: A question about Power Object...

From: Loren Davidson <loren_at_bat3net.com>
Date: 1997/10/01

In article <01bcc9f9$99f6f6b0$1e0aa8c0_at_srobitaille>, "Sylvain Robitaille" <srobitaille_at_orisoft.com> wrote:
>RDBMS: Personal Oracle version 7.3 / Win 95 and Power Object 2.1
>
>MY PROBLEM : (in Power Object...)
>Get blank records when running a report. Yet, the report doesn't seem empty
>as it is possible to scroll from previous and next records. Even static
>elements (like lines) do not show. The property VISIBLE of the report is
>set to TRUE and the object on the report are VISIBLE=TRUE.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're describing...are you getting no records apparently retrieved *and* some of the static form elements are not there?

If so, what I've found is that you have an error in your report, possibly in one of the initialization methods such as OpenWindow() or InitializeWindow() or OnLoad(). I've had this problem in forms, and usually the problem is something like a tab order conflict when I've been manually resetting a tab sequence. So the form/report is not completely loading, and therefore you get an incompletely-displayed report.

Worth looking into, anyway...

Loren

--
Loren Davidson