Oracle Webserver - Help with Select Lists

From: Dan Nichols <hawkeye_at_no.spam.com>
Date: 1997/10/01

Hi Everyone:

I am building an Webserver application that is just a basic database query.

The initial screen allows the user to input the query criteria and must contain several droplist selection boxes.

The problem I have is that the "valid values" in box "B" depend on the value selected in box "A". Since the lists are populated at the time the page displays, I see no way to enforce validation in this manner.

My cludge solution is to break up the query criteria selection into several pages.
ex: Page 1, the user selects value from box"A". Hitting submit takes them to page 2 where box "B" has been populated based on the value from "A" etc.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

-Dan

--

"When all is said and done, a lot gets said, little gets done"

My e-mail address has been altered to fustrate spammers. Please replace the "no.spam" with "sd.znet" to reply. Received on Wed Oct 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message