Re: Deploying Forms 4.5 Application on a Local network

From: Soltesz Andras <sola_at_rudaskarig.datanet.hu>
Date: 1997/09/30

Amit Sharma <amit_at_pnge.psu.edu> wrote in article <342FC9C6.19A8101A_at_pnge.psu.edu>...
> Hi All,
> I have developed an application using Forms 4.5 but I can't figure
> out what to do so that other people can run the application and enter
> information to the central database.
> Currently everybody is working on Win-NT. How do I make an Icon for
> other people
> to run the application and have a seperate window for Log-on Pop up as
> soon as
> they start the application. Hope you understand my question.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Amit

Install SqlNet and Forms Runtime on any machine you want to run your application.
Create the database alias
Map the drive containing your app.
Create a shortcut for f45run32.exe (it is in the \ORANT\BIN directory) with the parameters:

c:\orant\bin\f45run32.exe formnamewithpath username/password_at_alias

The starter directory must point to your app's directory Received on Tue Sep 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message