Re: Discoverer 3000

From: Tom Ricciardi <tomr_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1997/09/30

The old Discoverer/2000 tool was significantly reworked in the latest version, now called Discoverer 3.0. Using the new version, it is incredibly easy to publish query results "workbook" in HTML format. Your color schemes, table layouts, and crosstabs are preserved pretty well in the resulting Web page. However, the documents become somewhat more static when you convert them to the Web. I have been able to get hyperlinks between sheets in a workbook, but the rotate/drill capability of Discoverer goes away in the HTML document. If all you want to do is to show report results via the Web, Discoverer 3.0 is a great way to go.

--
Thomas N. Ricciardi