Re: Oracle rumors

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/30

Oracle is developing "Object Database Designer", which is a replacement for the stand-alone Database Designer product. This will us an abbreviated UML notation. It will be folded into/included in Designer/2000.

They were demo'ing an alpha version in the Campground.

Dariusz Szczesniak <dariusz_at_avestatech.com> wrote:

>During Oracle OpenWorld'97 some rumors were floating around that a new
>object-modeling / software development tool was in the works. It is
>supposed to be similar to Rational Rose.
>Does anyone know when we can expect to see this product (either in beta
>or in a final release)?
>Are they actually working on it, or is it still in a "planning" stage?
>Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
>--Dariusz.

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

Don't miss the Oracle Development Tools User Group Conference in St. Louis, Nov. 2-5. See http://www.odtug.com for more information. Received on Tue Sep 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message