Re: export data out of Oracle DB

From: Peder Holst <pederh_at_elektrosoft.se>
Date: 1997/09/30

> L. Tseng <lesliet_at_u.washington.edu> wrote in article > <5qdigq$bh4_at_nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a utility that can export/import data
 from/to a table
> using some criteria like in a where clause? Oracle's export/import
> utility can only
> export/import ALL the data from/to a table and they don't work with a
> view.
> For example I want to export part of a 10000 row table basing on a
> timestamp colume,
> how can this be done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Leslie

If you like SQL - SQLMover is a product worth looking at. The tool is designed for replication between Oracle, Textfiles, Excelfiles, SQL Server, Sybase. A flexible tool for the DB-knowledgeable with full error handling
capabilities that allows you to replicate and convert automatically between any ODBC compliant datasources.All Microsoft ODBC desktop drivers including Text and dBase driver can be downloaded from www.sqlmover.com. SQLMover can be installed on a NT Server or a WS (or Windows 95) and initiated manually or automatically. It has transaction support if supported by the destination DB. SQLMover uses standard, simple or complex SQL
SELECT statement in the source end and INSERT, UPDATE, INSERT then UPDATE, UPDATE the INSERT or DELETE statement towards the destination database table.

Data conversion and cleaning can be performed a. by using the SQL conversion or string functions in the SELECT statement towards the source DB, b. by
using the built in Format Mask functions or c. by using triggers in the destination database. To evaluate until Oct.31 you can download from www.sqlmover.com
(follow the download buttons) and use the evaluation key OSHKSHTD. The key allows you
to transfer max. 500 rows per transfer/replication task and max. 5 tasks can be defined.

For DataWarehouse applications you can choose to let SQLMover aggregate your data by using SELECT -GROUP BY. For more ideas about how to use the product
please use support form at www.sqlmover.com submitting your business rules.

SQLMover processes can be configured to work in parallell. Peder Holst,
pederh_at_elektrosoft.se Received on Tue Sep 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message