Re: Reports 2.5 question

From: Dean <deanp_at_lantic.co.za>
Date: 1997/09/30

Allan Griffith wrote:

> Help
>
> I'm calling Reports 2.5 from Forms 4.5. At the moment, I'm passing a
> customer code as a parameter along with an address code which the form
>
> retrieves from a package function on the customer code.
>
> What I want to do is call the report with a range of customer codes,
> and
> for the report to retrieve the correct address details for each
> customer.
>
> ONE MANY
> Customer Address
> Table Table
> -------- -------
> customer code address code (P Key)
> address details
> customer code
>
> How's it done?
>
> Allan

We use the following method to get around that kind of problem.

Create a table that will hold a unique value, and the customer code. Evbery time you want to print a batch of customer codes, assign that batch a unique number.
Insert this unique number into the table along with the customer codes i.e all of the customer codes will have the same unique number.

You can then pass the unique number to reports, and run a query that will select all of the customer codes
for that unique number from the table.

Process each customer code as normal.

Once all of the customer codes have been processed, delete the table for

that unique number.

The next time the table is used, use another unique number.

By assigning a new unique number every time, means that multiple users can use the same table, without getting their data mixed up.

Hope this helps

Dean Received on Tue Sep 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message