Re: Oracle rumors

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/09/29

The only new development tool from Oracle that I am aware of is a rewrite they're doing of Sedona. Sedona was originally written in VB to work solely with Oracle 8 (Designer/2000 and Developer/2000 are *not* supported on Oracle 8 because they don't do object-relational). But apparently, Oracle's Support dept. refused to support Sedona (don't know why) so the Sedona team is rewriting it to support Java (I think it may be written in Java), for the NC platform. Oracle's been pretty close-mouthed about it. Maybe someone there will read this and say something in defense.

I got some of this info from an article in RMOUG magazine. - Dan Clamage dclamage_at_idcomm.com

Dariusz Szczesniak <dariusz_at_avestatech.com> wrote in article <342FC854.1A1FFEF_at_avestatech.com>...