PL/SQL Tables passed to C as arrays / Roundtrip

From: <stoor_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/09/29

[Quoted] I am looking for advice on how to perform complex mathematical operations on entire columns of an Oracle database. The mathematical operations are beyond the scope of PL/SQL. I envision a scheme where I place the column data into a PL/SQL table and pass the table as an array to a host program (i.e. C, Lisp, etc.), have the host program perform the math, and return the result to PL/SQL.

Can someone gve me a few pointers as to how to go about researching the most appropriate method.

  1. Can PL/SQL tables be passed as arrays to host programs, and how?
  2. Can the reverse be done, and how?
  3. Where do I find shareware that can do advanced math such as statistical/special functions, FFT's, curve fitting, etc?

Thanks
Chris Mitchell