Dev 2000 on Solaris 2.5 - installation problem

From: Dan Cradler <dcradler_at_mods.com>
Date: 1997/09/29

Has anyone successfully installed Developer 2000 on Solaris 2.5.1? No matter what options we try, we get the error:

A permission denied error occured while trying to make the directory '/u/oracle7/guicommon2'

However, the installer has already created the directory with the correct ownership and permissions at this point. Removing it and retrying gives the same error and the installer creates the directory again. Trying a different ORACLE_HOME makes no difference and the oracle7 user has permission to create a directory and is being used to run the installer.

Anyone have an idea what is going wrong?

Dan Cradler                                               Modern Solutions
dcradler_at_modernsolutions.com               Full-Service Web Space Provider
702-323-3341                                           http://www.mods.com