Re: Can I copy an export file from tape to disk?

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/28

jwsheets_at_concentric. >>
Subject: Can I copy an export file from tape to disk? <<

Try dd. It does block by block type copies so it should work. It is easy enough to check. Sinced your exported straight to tape you should be able to import straight from tape also. You can probably use cp as well since I have moved (mv) and rcp'd export files accross file systems and machines and been able to use them successfully.

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Sun Sep 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message