Can I copy an export file from tape to disk?

From: John Sheets <_at_smtp.concentric.net>
Date: 1997/09/27

[Quoted] Some time ago I heard that it was possible to create a disk file from a tape created using the Oracle export utility. Unfortunately I've been unable to find the command that makes this possible (if I remember correctly it was either 'dd' or 'cpio'). We work in a UNIX environment, HP-UX, and have a couple older systems where we still do an export straight to tape. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Received on Sat Sep 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message