Re: Stored Procedure Use vs. Role Use

From: Vijay Damodaran <vijayd_at_nortel.com>
Date: 1997/09/26

Sorry for the late reply.

We too came across this situation. So, we created a new schema with direct grants to all tables. This schema was the owner of all our packages/procedure/functions. Then we granted excute permissions on the packages to the roles that we created. In this way, only people with the correct role can access the procedure.

The only problem with this is that if the role granted to the user does not allow him/her to delete records from a table, but they can do so via the package/procedure.

If u have come across a better way to implement the above, please let me know.

Regards,

VJ.

--
Vijay Damodaran