Q: Developer/2000 for UNIX: is it easy to port a windows app to UNIX?

From: Peter Ebbelink <Peter.J.Ebbelink_at_BigFoot.com>
Date: 1997/09/26

--------------D9636C4C5176E6626F7486E3

Could anyone comment on this:
[Quoted] If I have a typical application, developed using developer/2000 on Windows, what would be the effort involved in porting it to UNIX? Oracle sales says it's a snap. This is the same as what Sybase made me believe about their PowerBuilder product, but I know better now :-( I wouldn't like to make the same mistake twice
(I know: What's typical? But I need to get some idea. Cross out OLE and DDE. Just some
advanced queries on several tables, some average data manipulating and presentation of resultsets, tabular, graphs and crosstabs)

Response highly appreciated!

Peter Ebbelink

--------------D9636C4C5176E6626F7486E3

begin:          vcard
fn:             Peter Ebbelink
n:              Ebbelink;Peter
org:            Data Sciences B.V. / PTT Mobile Communications
adr:            PO box 22669;;;Amsterdam;;1100 DD;the Netherlands
email;internet: peter.j.ebbelink_at_bigfoot.com
title:          Senior Analyst / programmer
tel;work:       0653 102641

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end: vcard