_at_@ - What is the optimal Oracle tools repertoire for an installation?

From: Shlomo Godick <shlomog_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/09/25

Hi!

We are looking at the possibility of choosing Oracle as our strategic DBMS for distributed and remote database applications.

We are under the impression that Oracle DBA tools and utilities available in the basic Oracle package are on the mediocre side and and we may need to plan for procurement of additional tools, possibly even from third parties, in order to ensure a reasonable working environment for DBA's and developers.

Could some of the more experienced Oracle users out there please edify us as to what is the optimal repertoire of DBA and developer tools required to function reasonably efficiently in an Oracle environment (including Oracle's own optional add-ons as well third party tools, if necessary)? If these tools are optional extras (but you think they are required anyway), please note their approximate cost (if known to you).

Regards,

Shlomo Godick
DBA, Mehish Computer Services, Ltd., Tel Aviv, Israel Email: shlomog_at_ibm.net Received on Thu Sep 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message