Re: New appearance of errors on SQL Plus on connect...

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_it.camcnty.no-spam.gov.uk>
Date: 1997/09/25

kgrigg_at_acxiom.com wrote:
>Hello all!
>I am running Oracle 8, and all of a sudden when trying to connect to it
>with SQL Plus (with either version 3.3 or 8) I am getting the following
>
>ERROR:
>ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible
>
> < snip - other packages complaining >

Run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql as SYS.

Presumably there's something wrong in Oracle's install/upgrade scripts, I would guess this script is not being called properly. I've had this problem with every database I've upgraded/installed from version 7.3 onwards. Running catproc fixes it.

Dave.

--

To reply by email, remove the "no-spam" bit from my email address.