Re: varchar2 case insensitive

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/09/25

Define a check constraint on the column to convert it to uppercase using UPPER(). There is an example of this in "SQL Language Reference Manual", Commands, CONSTRAINT clause (p. 4-133 in my text). For example:
  create table blick
    (col_nocase VARCHAR2

       CONSTRAINT ck_col_nocase_to_upper
         CHECK (col_nocase = UPPER(col_nocase)),

Note I've given the check constraint given a meaningful name (ck_col_nocase_to_upper), rather than letting the system generate one (as SYS_Cxxxx). You can also define the check constraint later using alter table.
- Dan Clamage dclamage_at_idcomm.com

Najam ur Rehman <najam_at_mini-systems.com> wrote in article <3428C239.65BD49C9_at_mini-systems.com>...