Re: Ad-Hoc Query Tools / Why No Browser?

From: Gerrit-Jan Linker <glinker_at_sct.co.uk>
Date: 1997/09/25

Hi Christopher,

Oraxcel tool:
http://members.aol.com/gjlinker/projects/oraxcel

I want to point you to an Oracle to Excel tool I wrote: Oraxcel It lets you query oracle and receive the data in excel. Some options are provided like printing rows in columns and the printing of column titles.

Oraxcel appears native to Excel and inserts an Oracle menu item in the excel menu. From there you can popup dialog screens to:

1. connect to Oracle
2. browse the data dictionary
3. query
4. execute plsql

I distribute it as shareware which means that you can use it for a 30 days trial period. After that I would appriciate it if you could register. The registration fee is only US$20.

Kind regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker

email: linker_at_ilovechocolate.com
web: http://members.aol.com/gjlinker