Re: How to have a char type key for MASTER-DETAIL form using 4.5

From: Daniel Poweleit <powi_at_horn-goerwitz.de>
Date: 1997/09/22

Use VARCHAR2-Type then it works. In Varchar2-Fields the last not used space will be truncated. When you use CHAR-Type the contents of the field is used in whole field-length. The MASTER-DETAIL relation searches for excact matches. Perhaps your corresponding fields in the master- and the detail record are not excactly equal.

Chengsheng Yao <csyao_at_ee.rutgers.edu> schrieb im Beitrag <604707$jpu_at_ee.rutgers.edu>...