Re: Use built-in TEXT_IO-rutin in stored procedure

From: Robert Christenson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/09/22

Tomas Rimsten wrote:

> Is it possible to access built-in functions&procedure form at stored
> procedure.
>
> I'm running Developer 2000 Procedure builder on NT 4.0 (Oracle 7.3) and I
> want to use built-in packaeg in an stored procedure.
>
> When I save the stored procedure I get an error message that says I must
> declare the function or procedure (built-in function/procedure).
>
> If I compile the stored procedures code in the program unit editor, then
> there are no errors.
>
> Does any body have a clue ???
>
> Tomas Rimsten
> Progressive Programming Partner
> dat94trn_at_bilbo.mdh.se

TEXT_IO is not available to stored procedures. In Proc. Builder, you can drag your spu's to the client side and access it there, because it is attached as a built-in.

The best option here is to use UTL_FILE instead of TEXT_IO. You can do this if you're using 7.3, else you'll have to go with running your stored procedures from some client interface that has access to TEXT_IO (forms or procedure builder)

Hope this helps...

--
"Came for the party, left on the run"

Robert Christenson
Gazette Technologies
robertoc#spam~be~gone#_at_fyiowa.infi.net