Re: Biggest competitor for the database is the customer himself!!

From: Chris Nelson <nelsonfamily_at_cybersol.com>
Date: 1997/09/22

But don't forget that by that time, it's expected that your toaster, coffee maker and (probably) electric razor will also be chipped and on-line. (Even though, I suppose, not many Chinese have electric razors...)

Tony Toews <ttoews_at_telusplanet.net> wrote in article <34231334.6853318_at_news.calgary.telusplanet.net>...
> Deepa Vasudevan <deepav_at_pol.net> wrote:
>
> >The result is PostgreSQL database. Millions of database
 customers
> >are developing this database. PostgreSQL may reach one
 billion
> >(1000 million) installations by year 2001 world-wide!!
>
> Ummm, I doubt there are that many computers in the entire
 world. I'm

 www.granite.ab.ca/year2000 for more info.
 www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm