Forms 4.5 for Windows 95 ...

From: Jayadas C <jayadasc_at_emirates.com>
Date: 1997/09/21

hello !

I am encountering a strange problem in Forms 4.5. I have a form with 2 blocks say B1 and B2. Block B1 contains only TEXT-ITEMS ( around 20 of them ) and block B2 contains 2 PUSH-BUTTONS. All the items are NON BASE TABLE items.

I have a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger on block B1 which sets the visual attribute of the selected item and then issues a GO_BLOCK to block B2. I have a WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLE-CLICK trigger also on block B1 which executes a PROGRAM_UNIT. The required functionality is to highlight the item which has been CLICKed and set the focus on a push button in block B2. If the item is DOUBLE CLICKed it should execute the PROGRAM UNIT.

The form is working is exactly the way it should, in Windows 3.1.
[ Forms 4.5 (Designer) [16 Bit] Version 4.5.6.5.5 ]

Whereas when the same form is generated in Windows 95 using
[ Forms 4.5 (Designer) [32 Bit] Version 4.5.7.1.6 ], the trigger
WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLE-CLICK does not get executed at all. What seems to happen is that the first click in the DOUBLE-CLICK fires the WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger of block B1 which sets the focus on the first item in block B2.

The form is working perfectly in Windows 3.1 and modifications, if any, would be carried out in Windows 3.1 and the .FMX file would be generated for both Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 in their respective environments.

Are there any differences in the way which MOUSE EVENTS are handled in these two environments or do i have to have set some property or something so that the DOUBLE-CLICK is also recognised in this particular case.

Please send an e-mail to jayadasc_at_emirates.net.ae if you can help me out in sorting this problem.

Thanking you in anticipation,

regards,
jayadas Received on Sun Sep 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message