OLE2 with WORD 8, Office97 (from Forms 4.5)

From: D.Repond <repond_at_spectraweb.ch>
Date: 1997/09/20

Hallo everybody

A Question to OLE2, but first my Experience with OLE2:

Under WindowsNT Client, Forms4.5 and Word7 I complete a Word-Doc with OLE2 Bulit-In Commandos:

OLE2.Create_Obj('Word.Basic');
OLE2.Invoke(application,'AppShow');

OLE2.Add_Arg...
OLE2.Invoke( Appl, -> Used Word Macro Commands:

   FileOpen, EditFind, Insert ..., FileClose OLE2.Destroy_Arglist...

That works fine with Word7.

Now I tried the same with Office97, Word8. But nothing happens, Word8 does'nt start. I saw that Word8 has an other Macro Command Syntax, when I recorded the Open, Find, Replace.
A similar Interpretation in the PL/SQL OLE2 Command Arguments does'nt work:

OLE2.Create_Obj('Word.Application'); -- Should start Word8 OLE2.Invoke(application,'ShowMe');

OLE2.Add_Arg...
OLE2.Invoke( Appl, -> Used Commands: --As Word8 Recorded

   Documents.Open, Selection.Find, Selection.TypeText ..., ActiveDocument.SaveAs
OLE2.Destroy_Arglist...

Did you or someone else have results with OLE2 und Office97 and could help me ?

With kind regards

Daniel Repond, Bern
repond_at_spectraweb.ch Received on Sat Sep 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message