Graphics, ODBC and Oracle

From: Bruno Kamiche <bkamiche_at_sanmiguelind.com.pe>
Date: 1997/09/19

[Quoted] I urgently need to know how to insert data in a raw field, using and SQL file or by ODBC calls (specially the last one). We need to store a signature graphic file in the database, the application is written in VB 5.0 and it uses ODBC to connect to an Oracle 7.3 NT server.
As a first approach in the application we convert the graphic file into an hex character string, but when we tried to insert it into the database, an error showed up, telling that the maximum length for literal string is about 2Kb.
What shall I do?

--

                                                \\\|///
Bruno Kamiche                                   ( o o )

| bkamiche_at_sanmiguelind.com.pe |
| pl9423292_at_ipae.edu.pe |
| bkamiche_at_geocities.com |
| Home Site : http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9448 |