Re: How to put a SQL query in a MS Word document using Oracle Objects for OLE

From: victor tsien <vtsien_at_anl.gov>
Date: 1997/09/18

This is OK. In fact I did that in a demo with Office 95, Office 97, and maybe Office 4.2? You need to create an entry in odbc first. Then link Oracle tables into Access mdb. Then You can include it in your Word document or Excel spreadsheet from the titlebar menu. I forgot which one, maybe Excel need you to create an MS query before that.

Dirk Tahon <dtahon_at_janbe.jnj.com> wrote in article <01bcbeba$74469af0$02c200a1_at_janbebews26672>...
> Hello,
>
> We would like to create a dynamic Word document so that a SQL query is
> executed against our Oracle database everytime you open the Word document
[Quoted] > (or only when you click on something in the Word document ?).