More info - Stored Procedure Use vs. Role Use

From: Larry Jones <lljo_at_chevron.com>
Date: 1997/09/17

The situation I have, is a large PL/SQL procedure, which works as a script, but not as a stored procedure.

I get an error message about insufficent privs. on one of the views, in the WHERE clause of a SELECT statement!

The owner of the stored procedure (userid=WITS) can do a select from the view in question. SELECT COUNT(*) FROM UCAL6; returns the number of rows in the view. Same for the person executing the stored procedure (userid=LLJO). So both the owner of the procedure and person executing the procedure, have access to the view.

If it had something to do with grants, I would have thought it would have given me a TABLE OR VIEW NOT FOUND in the FROM part of the SELECT statement.

Hope this additional info helped, instead of made it more confusing.

Thanks, again. Received on Wed Sep 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message