Re: FORMS45 Format Mask

From: <jwebb_at_ncx.com>
Date: 1997/09/17

I dont have to much to offer but... I believe if you do not specify a date format when selecting date fields in SQL, 01-JAN-97 is the default appearance. However the century and the year are stored. If you specify DD-MM-YYYY when you do the select, it will show all 4 digits for the year. They are always stored, just not always seen.

Why your getting 01/11/0097 is confusing. Where did the 11 come from? If the format is yyyy, the century should always be 19. If you use RR rather than yy, Oracle, in its great intelligence, will look at the two digits and if they are > 50 will make them current centur. If they are < 50 it will convert them to the century 2000. Good luck.
Jeff