Re: FORMS45 Format Mask

From: Ian C. Sellers <icslu_at_boco.co.gov>
Date: 1997/09/17

Yup. That's how it is. If you like, you can go back through your code and add SUBST functions to do this for you like:

TO_DATE (SUBSTR (date_to_be_validated, 1, 2) || '/' || SUBSTR (date_to_be_validated, 3, 2) || '/' || SUBSTR (date_to_be_validated, 5, 4), 'MM/DD/YYYY') I incorporated this into some code I got from Feuerstein's Oracle PL/SQL book to make a really nifty date-validation function using when-others exception handling to try to convert an inputted date from a variety of formats. Good Luck!

-Ian