Re: Printing/Maintaining Word Document on Report

From: Dante A. Notari-Locher <dnotari_at_cso.at>
Date: 1997/09/17

Hi Bob !

    I understood your problem this way:

        o You have Invoice, Purchase Orders, etc. in the database
        o You have Standard Terms&Conditions in MS-Word-Documents
        o You want join both information
     If that's right, I suggest to:

       1. Don't use Report-Writer, use DDE-Communication with MS-Word
          instead
       2. or Don't use MS-Word, store Terms&Conditions also in the
          database (or hardcoded in the Report) and print everything via
          ReportWriter

Welton, Bob wrote:[snip]

> We are designing applications for printing Invoices, Purchase Orders
> and
> Order Acknowledgements which needs
> to have some Standard Terms & Conditions information printed on the
> back
> of these forms. This information is
> currently kept in MSWord format (Bolding/underlining/different fonts
> being utilized). In a perfect world
> I would like to create a table which included datatype LONG column(s)
> for each of these different Terms &
> Conditions, yet still be modifiable using MSWord. As changes are made
> the MSWord documents, changes
> are reflected in the column for that data.
>
> The main reason for wanting to store in column(s) is so predetermined
> users can modify this data and have it
> automatically incorporated into the new P/O's, Invoices and
> Acknowledgements without needing IS support.
>
> Is this possible, or should I create boilerplate/template text for
> these
> T & C's and just call the appropriate
> boilerplate/template at report printing time.

[snip]