Re: Reports 2.5 Error: Cannot create temporary file...

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/09/17

Michael Rosadino wrote:

> I have a compiled report, REP, which runs fine using Reports 2.5
> Run-Time on other users' machines, but on my machine, I keep getting an
> error - "Cannot create temporary file." The Oracle help file is of no
> help and I know it's not related to a lack of memory or disk space.
> Does anyone know what might be the problem?

You can set up REPORTS25_TMP=xxx (or is it REPORTS25_TEMP) in your oracle.ini [REPORT25] section or the Registry to point to a temporary directory, eg c:\temp. This is where Reports will create temporary files.

Cheers,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"