Re: Informations about database systems and their web-interfaces

From: Sascha Bohnenkamp <bonito_at_waigelinformatik.uni-bremen.de>
Date: 1997/09/16

In article <3406B082.4B7F_at_intercessio.de>, Oliver Mammitzsch <mammitzsch_at_intercessio.de> writes:

|> systems are Oracle, Informix, Adabas, mSQL, Sybase, Postgres, Access and

I know Oracle and Adabas, but I did not make www with adabas ... I could answer your question for oracle ...

|> ADMINISTRATION:
|> How complicated/extensive is the administration of this database-system?
relativ simple, like with adabas, if you are familiar with relational databases there should be no problem

|> PERFORMANCE:
|> How fast is the access to this database-system?
oracle is fast if your computer is realy fast, you could not get fast response frome a lame mashine.
I think <10000$ for db-server will never be enough.

|> What is the response-time with complex queries and big datavolume?
 oracle does a good job with big queries

|> DATAVOLUME:
|> For which datavolume the database-system is qualified?
|> · up to __________________ records/tables or
|> · from __________________ records/tables
Oracle is qualified for any volume as adabas IMHO is,but the hardware must match this!

|> COMMON:
|> How common is the database-system?
|> · as a „normal" system

it is THE database

|> · as a web-based database-system

I do not know, but I use it here ...

|> COMMENTS ABOUT THE WEB-INTERFACE:

its nice, but very new -> has some little bugs Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message