question regarding makefile for PRO*C

From: qiu mei <m-qiu_at_glibm11.cen.uiuc.edu>
Date: 1997/09/16

Hello,

[Quoted] I tried to compile the sample PRO*C codes that comes with Oracle 7.3 on a Solaris machine. Oracle provided a makefile under the demo directory under precomp called "proc.mk". I have to change this proc.mk file because we don't have compiler cc installed on this machine. So I have to use gcc, and during compilation, gcc complained about some options such as "-Xc", "-K PIC", etc, which are cc specific options. So I changed another file called "env_precomp.mk", one line in it originally looks like:

[Quoted] CCFLAGS= -Xc -xstrconst -xcg92 -xF -mr -K PIC -DSLXMX_ENABLE -DSLTS_ENABLE -D_REENTRANT [Quoted] I cut off all the things before and include PIC. Now it successfully compiles sample1 through sample8. However, I am not sure know what those options are for. Will the change cause problems later on? If so, what options should I use with gcc?

Thanks.

Mei Qiu Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message