Re: Importing Oracle database to an SQL DB ?

From: Peder Holst <pederh_at_elektrosoft.se>
Date: 1997/09/16

SQLMover is a tool that allows you to replicate between any ODBC compliant datasources including Oracle, Text files, Informix, DB2 and SQL Server. SQLMover can be installed on a NT Server or a WS (or Windows 95) and initiated manually or automatically. It uses standard, simple or complex SQL Select statement in one end and a INSERT, UPDATE, INSERT then UPDATE, UPDATE the INSERT or DELETE statement towards the destination database table. Data conversion can be performed by using the SQL convert option, by using the built in Format Mask functions or by using triggers in
the destination database. To evaluate until Sept.30 you can download from www.sqlmover.com (follow the download buttons) and use the evaluation key CYUEJSMP. The key allows you to transfer max. 500 rows per transfer/replication task and max. 5 tasks can be defined. For DW purposes you can choose to let SQLMover pre-aggregate your data by using SELECT - GROUP BY. That is if you donĀ“t want to replicate each row. If you have large tables or amounts of data you may want to spend some time desingning the optimal replication tasks. There are several ways this can be achieved: By using shadow tables and triggers in combination or by using a dynamic SELECT ... where date > (system generated date). Peder Holst,
ElektroSoft AB
pederh_at_elektrosoft.se

Alexandre Roux <roux_at_smartcode.fr> wrote in article <01bcc1f7$549d9e70$2afa26a2_at_moluques>...